We are often asked by prospective clients what is the ROI on the Six Disciplines process. The best answer is to just ask our clients. The results speak for themselves. To share a few client improvements which can be directly attributed to the Six Disciplines process during 2011, see below: (the names have been changed to protect the successful)
- Company A (Mfg)- 110% achievement of Revenue and Profit, 79% achievement of all 2011 Goals
- Company B (Mfg) - 110%+ achievement of Revenue and Profit
- Company C (NFP) - 87 % achievement of all 2011 Goals
- Company D (Service) -100 % achievement of all 2011 Goals
- Company E Mfg) - from 2007 to 2011 - increased Revenue for $35M to $56.5M and Profit from 4.5 % to 8.8%
- Company F (Mfg) - from 2007 to 2011 - increased Return on Assets of 5.6% to 15.4% and Profits from 4.8% to 11.4%
The study points out that this systematic approach (a method) to planning and execution (a holistic, complete approach) works. In the study, they examined over 600 company's results over 10 years. What the results showed was that it doesn't depend as much on what system they have, but that they HAVE a system. It doesn't depend on the industry. This study covered over forty 2-digit SIC codes. It doesn't depend on size, as both large and small companies were examined in the study. And it doesn't depend on capital intensive or non-capital intensive businesses. The bottomline - IT WORKS - having a systematic approach produces huge differences in performance!